The Gateway was established in 2002 and is run as a successful not for profit organisation, with 3 core charitable objectives.
These objectives are broadly:
1. To relieve the needs of local disabled and disadvantaged people
2. To support organisations which assist people with disabilities
3. To be a resource centre and provide education and training services
The Gateway Conference Centre provides high quality conference, training and meeting facilities. Since our launch in 2002, we have provided in-kind support of approximately £50,000 per annum which has included:
• Access to conference and meeting rooms
• Access to office provisions
• Free facilities support from Gateway staff
• Additional security services for Gateway-based organisations
The local charitable organisations who have benefited from using the facilities at The Gateway Centre include:
RNIB, Action for Blind People, RNID, MENCAP, ICAS/Carers Federation, Liverpool Mencap, Royal Mencap, People First, Moving On With Learning, SCOPE, Merseyside Call, AbilityNet, Neurosupport. Liverpool Community College, Workers Educational Association, IND, Fairbridge & Shelter, The Royal Hospital, IMA, Warrington and Halton NHS Trust.
Not for profit organisations including registered charities who work with Gateway’s client group are eligible for a discount of at least 25% off the standard room tarrif upon notice of their charity number or other proof.
Since opening in 2002, The Gateway Centre has provided in-kind support to local voluntary organisations in excess of £700K.